Sunday, October 27, 2019

Passionate Day 7 - My Red/White Quilts

My Red/White Quilts

Red/White Wonky Improv
69 x 78 inches

I love the idea of the modern improv quilt and technique of improvisational quilt making but I'm horrible at it! Google modern improv quilting and you will find so many amazing and talented textile artists and their creations. I can spend hours looking at them. I even have several improv quilting books, that I love to just thumb through. It is art - pure and simple - and I love it.
I find however that I am not that artistic and when it comes to quilting I tend to be more traditional.
Meaning = I need a pattern! hahahaha!
My Red/White Wonky Improv quilt is my attempt at improv and being artist, modern and progressive. When all I have really done is made half square triangles, 9 patch blocks, and random strip piecing and then sewn it all together. No real magic modern improv wizardry here!
hahahaha!!!
All of that being said, I still love this quilt and how it turned out. And, I think this quilt demonstrates the beauty of Red and White quilts. 


Just red fabrics and white low volume fabrics.
Obviously, I'm totally fascinated by Red and White quilt making.




No comments:

Post a Comment