Monday, October 28, 2019

Passionate Day 8 - My Red/White Quilts

My Red/White Quilts

L - O - V - E
80 x 95 

This quilt was a wedding gift for a beautiful couple who recently married.
Congratulations! Abbey and Bill
💖💖


As far as I know there is no pattern for this quilt. I saw a quilt like this online.
Maybe on Pinterest? Maybe on Etsy? Maybe on Google Images?
I can't really remember where or when I saw it but it stuck with me. 
The letters are improv pieced but what makes this quilt for me is the machine quilting. I am fortunate and blessed to have a wonderful machine quilter here locally. Her quilting NEVER disappoints.
The machine quilting pattern is called a Baptist Fan and it stands out and makes this quilt a real beauty. Since I gifted this quilt - I have decided to make a second red/white L - O - V - E quilt. I'm still working on my design and as I mentioned yesterday ... Improvisational quilting is difficult for me, so my design has to equal my actual skill level! hahahaha!
What I create on paper often exceeds my actual skill level so more often than not I have to re-work my design ... hahahaha!!!

As you can see, I'm still loving red and white quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment