Sunday, January 30, 2022

Progress Report

 Progress Report

As the January 2022 comes to a close, I thought it would be nice to give a little sewing room progress report ...


I’m all over the place right now in my sewing room and beyond! It seems like at the first of the year I was all gung-ho to be in my sewing room. I got a quilting book for Christmas and a gift card to Joann’s for my birthday. I still have my gift card. I did order a few things for my sewing room this month. I purchased a quilt pattern, the Happy Camper charm packs for my Valerie quilt, a fat quarter bundle of Tula Pink fabrics, flannel backing fabric and batting for both of my Crescent Moon quilt tops, and the batting for my Red/White Historical Redwork quilt top. Yesterday I finished cutting the fabric for the remaining 24 blocks that I need to complete my Happy Camper Valerie quilt top. I also began cutting the fabric needed to complete my Red/White Little Houses quilt project. I have 5 quilt tops out for machine quilting. I made the binding for my Saguaro Cactus quilt. I may try to sew that on today for my first quilt finish of 2022. I started crocheting Shelby’s Easter Basket … this years’ theme is llamas and cactus. I ended up with Covid and the flu so that was 10 days that I didn’t get anything accomplished in my sewing room. Even with being sick I was still able to make progress in my sewing room. I have decided to slow down and really enjoy my sewing room and projects this year instead of just rushing through to finish. I’ve also decided to do more hand-quilting. I’m looking forward to getting my quilting frame out of storage and purchasing my deluxe recliner for my living room. One step at a time.



Red/White Little Red Houses


Happy Camper Valerie quilt


Shelby's Easter Basket


No comments:

Post a Comment