Thursday, June 6, 2024

Sock Knitting FAIL

 Sock Knitting FAIL

I had the bright idea to have six socks (three pairs) of socks in progress at all times. I was going with the scrappy sock yarn for composing these socks. Not only that, I decided to make the socks larger. 

Well, I spent all morning last Saturday unraveling all of the socks that I had started. When I got to the part in the pattern where I would be turning the heel my larger size calculations were totally off. My heel short rows were off and therefore not centered. And oddly enough I completely messed up on the SSK stitches. Needless to say it was a Hot Mess!


Now I'm back to making one sock at a time. One pair at a time.
I still think having six socks (three pairs) going at all times is a good idea. I guess I just need to refine my process.


I have also bailed on the scrappy sock yarn socks idea. It still has merit but I think I will find another project to use up my sock yarn scraps.


No comments:

Post a Comment