Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Sewing My Stash 3

Sewing My Stash 3


I love KONA Cotton solids! (robertkaufman.com) I love all of the colors and I love the feel of the cotton fabric. These fabrics are by Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
At one time I enrolled in a KONA solids monthly 1/2 yard bundle club.
Each month I would receive a bundle of solid fabrics in a different color way.

Needless to say I ended up with a lot of solid fabrics.
It is really nice to have just the right color of fabric you need to blend or fill in when you are pulling fabrics to make a quilt. But ... I have a lot of these fabrics on hand that need to be used.

Sewing My Stash 3
68 x 74

With so many colors and so much of this fabric to choose from I knew that I wanted to make a "String Pieced" quilt.
I love string quilts. I've made several of this type of quilt pattern over the years. The very first one I made was a graduation quilt for my nephew. I've been in love with string piecing every since. From the first string quilt to this string quilt I have loved them all and I know that there will be more string quilts in my future. 
These quilts are always visually stunning and it seems the scrappier the better.


I call this string quilt, lava lamp, because it just reminds me of one. Even the beautiful machine quilting reminds me of big globs of colorful lava floating in colorful lava lamp liquid.




No comments:

Post a Comment