Thursday, November 21, 2019

Still Passionate ... Day 15 ... My Red/White Quilts

My Red/White Quilts

I've been a bit under the weather with a terrible head cold but last night I managed to get the remaining blocks finished for my Cat Faces quilt.


I needed 100 of the 6.5 inch blocks for this quilt ...

100

Ironically enough ... 100 doesn't sound like a lot ... until you start making them! hahaha!
I have had this pattern for a long time and I believe it was a free pattern from Elizabeth Hartman's blog. Back when her blog was called Oh Fransson! 


One thing about working to sew my stash is that, I'm not buying fabric, I'm using what I have in my sewing room. I have a lot of white, off white, and low volume white fabrics but not in large yardage pieces. The back ground fabric for these blocks is a generous mix of whatever "white" fabric I have. 
Which makes this red/white quilt, sort of, a scrap quilt as well.
I love that! 


There are 98 red cat faces and 2 black cat faces in this red/white quilt. In honor of my fur babies, Booker and Jezebel


Rows and rows of cute little cat faces

😻😻😻😻😻😻

I'm still working on piecing the rows of blocks and I have cut the sashing stripes and corner connecting blocks for the sashing rows. Hopefully, I will have this quilt top finished soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will turn out.




No comments:

Post a Comment