Thursday, November 7, 2019

Sewing My Stash 4

Sewing My Stash 4

My beautiful Grandmother, Dorothy, was the creative quilter in my family and most of the quilts I remember from my childhood were scrap quilts. Quilts made from whatever was leftover from making clothing. I remember making tent forts in the living room out of quilts that had every type of fabric you can imagine. Including polyester. My Grandma Dorothy made other quilts as well, amazing double wedding ring quilts, dutch doll quilts, and a beautiful quilt with appliquéd tulips. But the scrap quilts that we made forts out of and slept on the floor, as children when spending the night at Grandma's are the ones I remember the most.


I'm having a wonderful time going through and picking fabrics from my stash to make these scrap quilts. This scrap quilt is also an improvisational log cabin block. The stack of fat quarter fabrics I've chosen from my stash for this quilt is made up mostly of the last of my Lizzy House fabrics.


Sewing My Stash 4
81 x 94


 When I pulled the fabrics for this quilt there were a few lone pink solids and prints that I decided to toss in the mix. I debated keeping the pink, but in the end I'm really glad that I did. 


SHE (Jezebel my fur baby) loves scrap quilts too!
Actually, it is HER goal in life to deposit cat hair on everything I make.
hahahaha!


This beautiful machine quilting pattern is called, Loophole, and I love it!!!


Scrap quilts are so much fun! I hope this one will see lots of living room fort making and nap time snuggles in it's lifetime. 






No comments:

Post a Comment