Monday, November 4, 2019

Sewing My Stash I

Sewing My Fabric Stash

For years now I have purchased fabric yardage and/or fabric bundles from designers that I follow online. Which is great ... except that in doing that I wasn't really buying fabrics with a specific project in mind. Again ... which is great ... if you are just buying fabrics to collect!
Over the years I have been more of a fabric collector than a quilter. 

For the last two years, since January 2018, it has become my goal to be a quilter again.
In other words to sew my fabric stash.

The rules I have set for this lofty goal are ...

There are no rules!

I can sew/quilt/make anything with all of the fabrics that I have on hand.

Sewing My Stash I

This is the quilt that started the sewing my stash ball rolling.
These were the scraps leftover from two quilts that I had made in 2017.
I took a class and made a Curvy Log Cabin quilt and a Shimmer quilt that year.


These are the scraps leftover from those quilts.


I started making improv log cabin blocks until I didn't have any more fabrics left.


The teal fabric is a KONA solid in teal that I was using as background fabric for my Meadow quilt. I had purchased more than I needed for that quilt and was really glad to be able to use up the excess to finish up my first stash busting quilt. 

I love it when a plan comes together. 

This quilt was given to my great-niece. 

💖






No comments:

Post a Comment