Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Becoming Brave

Becoming Brave and more confident in my gardening skills ...

😎😎😎

Thanks to my brother's willingness to teach me the fine art of gardening.
Maybe because I am a quilter, my brain sees the art and patchwork of gardening.


How each row of vegetables and flowers will make a beautiful earthen quilt of color and texture.
One row at a time, each row will sprout, bloom and produce at it's own pace lending to a continually changing quilt of many colors and textures.

I'm looking so forward to seeing how all of the vibrant colors and textures come together.


Armed with the little knowledge that I have absorbed thus far, I decided to plant a small container herb garden beside my deck near my grill. 


I love terra cotta pots, I love the simplicity of them and how they age. The older and more weathered they become the more beautiful they are. Or at least I think so.


I have sweet basil, Italian Parsley, Cilantro, sweet mint and lavender.
I see added flavor to a lot of summer salads and mint for tea and desserts.


For the other side of my deck I decided to purchase a new terra cotta strawberry pot and planted it full of hens n chicks and aloe. I am not disappointed!

Gardening 101 Bravery!
BAM!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment