Monday, May 25, 2020

Still Puttering

I'm still at it ...
Just puttering around ...

I love scrap quilts!


I spent some time cleaning up my sewing room and getting a few things organized.
I found these cute scraps in a scrap bag I was organizing and decided to make
a quilt as you go mug rug for my sister.

Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt # 11
47 x 51 inches

As I was sorting and organizing I found these beautiful jewel toned fabrics, odds and ends leftover from previous projects. Once I had them all sorted, I realized I had enough for a small lap size quilt.
I made 12 log cabin (ish) blocks and ended up with enough fabric strips to add sashing in between the three rows of four blocks. Again the lighting in my sewing room is not the best but, I'm very happy with how this little scrap quilt turned out.


 I purchased this quilt top years ago and did some tack tie quilting on it.
It was a gift for my brother and sister-in-law.
She gave it to me months ago and asked me if I could repair it.


I've made a new quilt top that I'm going to tack tie to the existing quilt.
Leaving the much loved quilt top in place ... just hidden under the new
quilt top. I really love the thought of leaving the old quilt as part
of the new one.

It has been a scrap happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment