Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Binding

Binding ...
The final step in the making of any quilt.

Sometimes I purchase binding at my local craft store
but I usually make my own binding. Especially on scrap quilts.


Monday afternoon I picked these newly machine quilted quilts up from my favorite longarm quilter and really good friend's house. She does amazing work and I'm always thrilled to see each quilt after she works her magic! 

In order from the top of the pile to the bottom (in the photo above)
Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #7
Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #8
Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #6
and
My KMQG Chromatic Quilt A Long quilt

Once I got these quilts home I couldn't wait to get them trimmed and ready for binding. I will be making the binding for all of these quilts, so I have a ways to go before this little stack of quilts will be finished. Over the years I have come to enjoy the process of making and attaching the binding to a quilt. Binding used to be my least favorite part of the quilting process but lately I find this step very rewarding and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment