Monday, June 22, 2020

We Are Family

We Are Family

I've enjoyed a very nice weekend.
Early Sunday morning my brother sent me some update photos of our garden.


As it turns out ... I have a green thumb too!
Look at these cucumbers!!!


My brother reminded me that I planted these cucumber plants. 
Look at all of the cucumbers and all of the blooms!

I'm thankful that my brother has been so willing to teach me about gardening and letting me garden with him in his garden.


On Saturday I pieced the Saucy Senorita quilt blocks. I started this quilt years and years and years ago. Once I made the blocks I had no idea what to do with them. I couldn't figure out how to set the blocks that I had made. I have carried this quilt project around with me for years. I believe that my daughter was in elementary school when I started this quilt. And, she turned 28 years old this year! This quilt project is long past due completing.
With my sister's help via text message, she helped me figure out the placement of the 15 blocks that I had. We have also decided on borders that I hope to get pieced very soon.

My Sister

And, she is going to help me hand-quilt this quilt.
Our first joint quilt project! I'm so excited!
Now that she is retired ... there may be more joint quilt projects in our future.

I'm thankful that my sister has always been my biggest fan and always willing to join in the fun!

I am a lucky girl!

#we are family


No comments:

Post a Comment