Tuesday, June 16, 2020

HEARTS - Update

HEARTS!!

Hearts and more hearts

Scrappy and happy hearts ...


140 HEARTS



As I have been making these hearts, I realized that I need to keep the heart units small.
I decided that 5 heart blocks per unit will be best.


With the smaller units there will be better variety in each row.
I'm making these heart blocks from my stash.
As I unearth fabrics I make a few hearts with my findings.


I want there to be a lot of variety and random placement of all of the fabrics that I am using.
Sewing the blocks into 5 heart blocks units should ensure the variety and random placement I am looking for.


I have done a bit of fussy cutting, for example the selvage edge in this heart.


And the face in the heart above.


There are faces, geometric patterns, florals 


and a statement.

This quilt project as become so much more than the simple quilt kit and pattern it 
started out as ....

This quilt is a keeper. A marker of time.
A record of a world wide pandemic, social injustice, and unrest.
And a reminder that loving one another with all of our hearts is what we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment