Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt # 11 and # 12

Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilts
# 11 and # 12


Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt # 11
Jewel Tones
47 x 51 inches
This scrap quilt happened as a result of cleaning and organizing my sewing room a bit.
This happy little stack of jewel toned fabrics landed on the end of my cutting table just begging to become a lap size quilt.


Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt # 12
Triangles
This quilt was supposed to be Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt # 10 but once I had made all of the triangles I got stuck ... and had no idea how to complete the quilt.
Do I make more triangles? I would have had to buy coordinating fabrics if I wanted to make more triangles and that is just not the point of these scrap quilts. The point is to sew my stash NOT buy more fabrics, so ....


Using a solid gray fabric and the concept of negative space. 


The triangles became Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt # 12
60 x 70 inches (twin size)


Up next are two baby (girl) scrap quilts. 
I think scrap quilts are truly my favorites. Little bit of this, a little bit of that ...
it's just pure magic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment