Monday, June 29, 2020

Worm Dirt

Worm dirt .... did I mention that my brother grows worms ???

Well, he does ...


Here he is feeding them a few overly rip bananas and vegetable scraps.
Apparently they love coffee grounds, ground up egg shells, and cardboard.


They do not seem to like cabbage? 
In the spring and summer they are housed in the barn.
In the winter they are housed in the garage.
And, what I mean by housed, they live ... in a large farm animal watering container ... I think?

Okay, these are the questions that I have ...
1. How does one decide to grow worms? I had no idea this was even a thing?
2. What is the purpose of growing your own worms? 
3. What do you do with the worms? Set them free? And, if so where do you set them free and why?
4. Do you sell them? Fishing bait?

I'm pretty sure that I will just stick to growing vegetables and flowers and leave the worm growing stuff to my brother.




No comments:

Post a Comment