Thursday, July 4, 2024

Scraps

 Scraps

As most of you here know I have made a scrap quilt or two. I love the concept of scrap quilts. Making something from nothing, using every last bit of fabric, and the possibilities are endless.

Recently, I spent an afternoon organizing a bag of fabric scraps from previous projects. I normally end up with strips of fabric in various sizes, below are strips of 2 inches, 2.5 inches, and 3 inches sorted and sewn end to end making a scrappy jelly roll of fabrics.

And, of course I sort the larger pieces of fabrics as well and rotate those back into my fabric stash for another project on another day.


I really enjoy organizing my fabric scraps, it is an exercise that relaxes my mind, allows me to remember previous quilt projects and ponder the possibilities for new projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment