Sunday, July 28, 2024

Shimmer In Tula Pink

 Shimmer In Tula Pink

The quilt pattern, Shimmer, is by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew and I used fabrics by Tula Pink


In March of 2017 I took a class on the construction of this quilt at a local quilt shop


For me this was a quilt project that required a lot of organization.
After cutting the fabrics for each block I placed them in a box with a piece of construction paper between each new block. 
There are quite a few parts and pieces to this quilt block. It's not a difficult block to make but the placement of the fabrics for each block is important.


This was the only way I could keep the pieces cut for each block in order.
It took a bit of extra time organizing things this way after cutting all of the fabric requirements listed on the pattern but for me it was necessary.


Once I got the fabrics cut and organized the piecing went pretty quickly.
I chose to make the Queen size quilt
98 x 98 inches
Each block measures 14.5 inches square and this quilt project contained 49 blocks.

This is the first of several posts on this quilt project.
This is one of the quilts that I would like to make again. This finished quilt was completed in August of 2017 and gifted to my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment