Thursday, December 23, 2021

Red / White String Pieced Blocks

 Red / White String Pieced Blocks

I love string pieced blocks, I love taking "strings" (scrap strips of fabric) and piecing them into a quilt top. I have made several string pieced quilts over the years and I continue to love making them.

After I completed my mugs quilt top on Tuesday ... it kick started my red/white quilt obsession into overdrive yet again. I willingly admit to my passion for red/white quilts. They fascinate me and I continue to be in awe of quilts made with just two contrasting colors ... Red and White. The results are always so stunning.


I've been on vacation from work this week and it was my plan to complete some of the quilt projects that I have abandon to the waste land that is the bottom of my sewing room's closet. I'm happy to say that I did manage to complete one of those abandoned quilt projects. The Red/White Mugs Quilt that I mentioned above. 


But instead of moving to the next abandoned quilt project ... there are several ... 
I started a new red/white quilt project. These beautiful red/white string pieced blocks are 10 inches square.


I love playing with these blocks. This may or may not be the final quilt design. Right now I'm just playing around with the blocks and enjoying the process. I am chain piecing these blocks and there will be several more made before it is all said and done. I love it when my quilting passions collide. In this case, my love of string pieced blocks and my obsessive love of red and white quilts.

I have 2 more red and white quilt projects in my head ... I'm obsessed!

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I've had a wonderful week of vacation here at home. I've spent time in my sewing room, obviously, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment