Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Red/White Mugs Quilt

 Red/White Mugs Quilt


30 of the 31 blocks that I made for this quilt project.
As I mentioned a few days ago, this quilt top required 56 mug blocks - I got to 31 one blocks and lost my steam for this project.


This project languished in the bottom of my closet for almost a year. As I'm on vacation this week, I decided to revisit some of the projects hanging out in the bottom of my sewing room closet.
My sister suggested that I piece the top with an empty shelf ... and although I did try that ... it was just to much negative space for me.


I am not unhappy with these cute little cups (mugs)


I decided on 9 Patch Corners and thick borders.
As you can see there are various shades of white fabrics used ... that is because 1) I started this quilt project last year, 2) I'm sewing my stash and using the fabrics I have on hand.
Therefore ... the various shades of white in this quilt top.
The quilt top finishes at 66 x 66 inches square.


My daughter got me an Advent Calendar from 

https://www.stitchsupplyco.com

And, I love it! As my birthday is in December this is the perfect gift for me.
A sewing/quilting themed Advent Calendar
This year there have been a lot of personalized gifts, labels, an ornament, and this cute personalized stamp for labeling the things that I make. I love it! So far this is my favorite little advent calendar gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment