Thursday, October 7, 2021

Backings

 Backings

I spent some time over the weekend piecing the backings for 5 of the quilt tops that I finished recently.

Finding the perfect backing fabric for a quilt is really hard for me. Sometimes I go in search of fabric for the back of a quilt and find NOTHING! Then there are times I go in search and find the perfect backing fabric for a quilt. 

Recently my local Joann's had a sale on their flannel fabrics and I also just so happened to have a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase. Not only that ... I managed to find backing fabrics for 5 of the quilt tops that I finished recently! I felt as though I had won the lottery! 


Great Smoky Mountains panel quilt (mountain adventure patches ... perfect)


Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #14 (those clothespins ... so cute)


Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #12 (love the triangle pattern)


Fancy Fox II (love this abstract design)


Saguaro Cactus Quilt (love the little llamas)

I know it may be weird but I really like for the backing fabric on my quilts look like it goes with the quilt top.  Not totally matchy matchy but I like for the back of my quilts to convey the theme of the quilt top.

Which is why it is so tough for me to find the perfect backing fabrics.


No comments:

Post a Comment