Thursday, October 21, 2021

Do You Throw or Pick

 Knitting ...

Do you throw (English style) or do you pick (Continental style)?


Photo is of Betsy Bond from Google Images

I learned how to knit English style but I really want to learn how to knit Continental style. Needless to say both styles get the job done but continental is supposed to be faster and less stressful on your hands. Continental knitting is also supposed to make Colourwork knitting easier as well as cable knitting.
I've been watching YouTube Videos like a crazy woman obsessed with learning how to knit Continental style. Honestly ... it has been really really slow going. I'm not sure if it is because I learned English style knitting first or if it is like anything new that you begin learning to do. That being said, I'm going to keep plugging along until I figure how this whole Continental knitting thing.

Wish me luck!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment