Friday, October 8, 2021

More Orphan Blocks

 More Orphan Blocks

After finishing up the piecing of my Candy Crush 2.0 quilt ... I had a bunch of leftover "units". I didn't want there to be "units" that would repeat or have two of the same blocks next to each other, I ended up with more than a few extra "units".

This is typically how I end up with orphan blocks. While I am cleaning up after piecing a quilt I always try to tidy up the scraps leftover from piecing. Some times it is stripes other times it is blocks.


I ended up with 5, 10.5 inch blocks and 11, 6.5 inch blocks.
Tula Pink orphan blocks make me smile!


I have no idea how or where I will use these blocks but it is never a bad thing to have a few Tula Pink orphan blocks on hand. 

I'm sort of rolling around the idea of making a couple of large floor pillows out of these bright and beautiful blocks. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment